Carré d'Agneau Persillé


There's No Sincere Love than The Love for Food
-George Bernard Shaw

Everyone who enjoys cooking as much as I do would have definitely heard of the phrase stated above at least once in their lives. How is it possible for anyone not have love for food, it gives such a unique sense of satisfying pleasure in one way or another. 
 And today I'm here to bring this satisfying pleasure to a whole new level with my very own classic dish which makes all my friends crave for more,


Carré d'Agneau Persillé
Roasted Rack of Lamb with a Parmesan Rosemary Crust

DSC_0691
DSC_0666

I have always enjoyed western dining, and lamb happened to be on top of the list. Self preference varies from individual to individual, I personally prefer my lamb being medium rare, whereas most of the guest who are typical Malaysians would prefer it well done, therefore this dish shall be in what majority favours most; well done. As a chef, my guest comes first, no?

DSC_0580

Lamb Rack Marination 
A rack of lamb 
5 tablespoon olive oil 
2-3 tablespoon garlic (chopped) 
1-2 teaspoon rosemary (chopped) 
1-2 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste 

1. Mix olive oil, garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper to desired taste. 
2. Marinate lamb rack with wet marination for 30 minutes. 
(do not marinate for more than 30minutes as meat will be dry from the salt in the marination) 
3. Roast lamb rack at 180°C for 20-30 minutes to desired tenderness. 

Fresh Mint Sauce 
Handful of fresh mint leaves (chopped) 
5 tablespoon vinegar (flavored wine vinegar or malt vinegar)
3-5 tablespoon sugar 
1-2 tablespoon water (if needed) 

1. Bring vinegar to boil with sugar until dissolved. 
2. Remove from heat and add chopped mint leaves. 
3. Add sugar or water if needed.

DSC_0801
Roasted Lamb Rack with Parmesan Rosemary Crust, Classic Potato Gratin and Red Wine Beetroot served with Honey Mustard and Mint Sauce.  


First judgement made to food should be tasted with your eyes
Presentation plays a big role when it comes to a chef. It isn't only about looking beautiful, it has so much to do with cleanliness, tidiness, and proportion of food, I believe, has to be enough to tease the customer in a satisfying way and keep them coming back for more.

You're probably asking why the sudden fine dining dish?
I have two stories to share, one will be my passion for food, and another will be my passion for blogging. I've always wanted to have a combination of both, and as a result; Click Click Culinary, happened. My passion is still very much in flame, and I thought to myself, why not a title then.
"Malaysia's First Ever Blogger MasterChef"

I feel I deserve the title not only because I have a very strong passion and love towards gastronomy, its also because I feel that I have the skills and talent to hold up to that title and make Malaysia proud. 

Every opportunity that comes by is an opportunity for me to grow. Besides, a friendly competition would be somewhat exciting to be a part of. Getting to know other bloggers out there who loves cooking as much as I do would bring us chefs to a bigger social network, who knows what big results will happen in future.
So, I'm taking this step to be a part of the search of the first ever Malaysia's Blogger MasterChef.

Everyone from all age, colour and sizes has heard of MasterChef, whether or not its the Australian MasterChef, or Malaysia's MasterChef. MasterChef is on the speed, going worldwide. A cooking reality show, that although doesn’t allow viewers to vote, has still broken viewership records in US and Australia. MasterChef is a success because not only is Food something we are all very passionate about but the show only allows amateur cooks to compete. Now, us in Malaysians who loves cooking but never had a chance to really showcase their skills and be appreciated, can now take this chance to shine! Get ready for the MasterChef phenomenon to take over Malaysia on 22nd October 2011!

Stay updated with the information given below.
MasterChef Malaysia launch date – 22nd October 2011 
Show title – MasterChef Malaysia 
Program Details: – MasterChef TX will be starting from 22nd October 2011, every Saturday – Wednesday, 9.00pm. Master Class will be on every Friday, 9.00pm. 
Program channel – Astro Ria (Channel 104) 
Official Site URL – http://www.astro.com.my/MasterChef
Facebook Page Link- http://www.facebook.com/MasterChefMalaysia 
Twitter Link– www.twitter.com/MasterChefMY

“I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food”  -Erma Bombeck


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Koh Kian Fai said...

Master Chef Edwin! Cant Wait x)


And the lamb rack above so cool! ***** 5 stat hehe

cmenwong said...

dai kor, 5 star you mean? haha. he deserves it

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS