Savour 2013



Its that time of the year again when foodies in Malaysia (and maybe other parts of the world) head down to Singapore with an empty stomach just to experience the excitement the Savour. Of course, I decided to go down to Singapore as well, after all, a few of the chefs I admire most were there, I would not miss this event for the world. I arrive Singapore a few hours before the event started, and upon my arrival at Savour's Venue (F1 Pit and Paddock), I was surprise with the amount of people that are already there. The place was packed, which made me a little more excite to enter.


Before getting to the restaurant booths, I explored the Gourmet Village and Market. Many new shops and bakeries had a booth promoting their best selling product. Ranging from pastries, to tarts, cakes, baking ingredients, savoury food, turkish delights and so many more. Each section at Savour were filled with people as they were giving out a lot of free samples for all the customers to try. They almost had all the different cheese on sale and sampling as well. The fruits were so fresh and the most eye awakening part was the tomatoes. (Didn't manage to get a picture of it though). There were so many different species of tomato, so much more than the amount I thought I knew. The more interesting tomato was the Grandfather Tomato which looks like this:

Interesting right? It was something new I learnt during the event.


To purchase product/food during the event, we had to use Savour Dollars (coupon like) instead of during literate money. Which I personally think its a pretty good concept

Pink Pepper Ice Cream Macaron Sandwich

This caught my attention as they had ice cream carts going all around the event selling the sandwich cookies. And since I make my own macarons, I decided to try the macaron sandwich  best seller; Pink Pepper Ice Cream Macaron Sandwich. I was attempted to try the rest as well.
Masterclass with Chef in Black

Chef Emmanuel Stroobant did a pretty interesting demonstration as he talked about wine pairing. With that, the wiped up a dish of risotto to pair with the chardonnay he wanted to drink. I have to say that he was really entertaining and was really good at keeping the crowd going

Anyone up for Nespresso coffee?

The street for fine food

Bo Innovation

This is one of the restaurant that I must try before I die. It is definitely on the "to do before death" list. I've always been keeping up with the news on Chef Alvin Leung and even his shows. And it has never fail to inspire me time and time again as his passion and concept for the culinary line is so admirable. It was a honour to have him at this event, and it would be a bigger honour for me to dine in his restaurant in the near future.


Alvin Leung's Signature Dish #1

Alvin Leung's Signature Dish #2

Siew Loong Pau, looks different right? Shows how good his concept is. All his dishes are one of a kind deconstructed, created with pure originality. 

Joel Robuchon, L'Atelier

The Tasting Room 

Gunther's

I had a lot to try during the event, some food was exceptional, some food was at average but overall there was nothing to complain about in regards to the food.

Here are some of dishes that highlight my experience at the event
Hibiscus Soup and Yogurt Ice Cream as Dessert

Foie Gras Terrine

Seared Foie Gras


Plus the magnificent view of the Singapore Flyer during the event, it could not have been any better

So lets all celebrate the art of Gastronomy

Savour was good this year, therefore, I am looking forward to Savour in year 2014. For now, I also am looking forward to all the other upcoming food events that Singapore has to offer in the near future.



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS